Using the cupcake recipe from The Gentle Art of Domesticity we made some cupcakes for Dada on Father's Day! I wanted a little something extra for the icings so after some rummaging around the cupboards and some experimentation a new icing recipe was invented....
Icing for a Special Man
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp ricotta cheese
a few drops of maple syrup
coco powder/zest and juice from an orange
1. Sieve a cup of icing sugar into a bowl.
2. Add the ricotta cheese and the maple syrup.
3. Mix in either the sieved coco powder or the zest and juice, a few drops at a time!
4. When cupcakes are cool, spread on thickly using a knife.
5. Hide immediately if not to be eaten straightaway!
We decorated them with roasted almonds, marshmallows and choc chips and then had to take precautions as a certain someone decided she didn't really want to wait for Dada to come home before tucking in!